Total Pageviews

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Meeting, Day 1

I wake up and it's noon. Oh shit runs through my mind about 20 times. How did I forget to set the alarm clock? I haven't cleaned my room. I haven't cleaned the desk. I haven't taken a shower, and she'll be here in an hour! I call my mom as I'm throwing things in the closet, and I start crying. She'll be here soon! My mom says just throw all the stuff in the closet and shut the door. Well, of course, why didn't I think of that? I think I still have that stuff in my closet from Monday! I hang up with my mom and next thing you know S is on the phone! She's at I-70 and 435. That's like I dunno, 30 minutes from my house. I hop into the shower after telling her how to get to 152 and 435. The phone rings again, and it's only been about 5 minutes. Jesus, this woman has a lead foot. Why didn't I inherit that? I tell her how to get to my house from 152. I wash my hair out, dry off, throw on some clothes, and wrap a towel around my head. Phone rings. She's here! I run outside to show her which apartment and she sees me. At this point, I no longer care that my house is semi-messy. My hair is wrapped in an old towel. She's HERE! I run down the stairs barefoot over god knows what and we still have our phones in our hands and we just give each other a big hug. She comes inside and I give her the grand tour of the house.

We sit down and we were looking at pictures. She said I looked like J's side of the family. I still swear we have the same eyes. We went through picture after picture. Then we started to play some Wii. I didn't want to but my son would not shut up about it! We talked while she played that. Then my fiancé got home, they talked for a bit, and I realized it was 4pm. We needed to get ready to go to eat. It ended up my mom, my grandma, S, my son, and nephew all went to Olive Garden. I shouldn't have allowed my nephew to come. I knew, full well, that my son and him would not get along or behave. I was right. I took them outside to have a talk with them, and S came with me. I think she may have felt a little uncomfortable around my mom without me there. We came back in and ate salad and breadsticks and our food. We made chit-chat and the normal stuff. We were ready for the bill when a friend of mine from work (I asked him to take care of us) came out and said everything but the alcohol had been taken care of. He said he wasn't supposed to say who, but I knew. I work at that Olive Garden. A few people came up to take a look and ask a question or two. We had our dessert to go then went home to get ready for T-ball.

When we were at the T-Ball game we asked the normal questions. How was your life. Things like that. We watched B (my son's) T-ball game. She took a bunch of pictures of me for my sisters, and I took a bunch of her for myself. Greedy me. When we got home she went to stay the night at her sister's house in Lee's Summit.

More to come on another day!

No comments: