Total Pageviews

Friday, June 13, 2008

Contact

Okay, we left off that she would call me back later in the evening....

Well, that didn't happen! She called 10 minutes later! :)

"Hello, is Lilly there?"

Wow, that voice. She sounds like me.

"This is her," I said nervously.
"This is S, I have worried about you, and prayed about you, and wondered where you were for the past 25 years," came a voice at the other end that you could tell was trying to hold back tears.
"Well, 25 years tomorrow," she said.

Wow.. it was amazing that she remembered my birthday!

That's most of what I can remember from that initial conversation. Most of it was just a blur. I asked her about if I had any brothers and sisters. She said she must have been a rabbit in a past life, because including me she had 7. To me this is amazing, I only have one sister. She gave me their names and ages. We talked for quite awhile. She asked if I still had brown hair and green eyes, and I said yes. I asked her what she looked like and what J looked like. She told me. They both had brown hair. They were both shorter people. That made me thrilled!

We talked about what she would have named me if she were able to keep me. She said Danielle. That's a very pretty name! :).

She said she always wanted to find me, but she was worried that I would hate her. Why would I hate her? She gave me up for all the right reasons. She didn't do it for selfish reasons, she did it because she knew she couldn't take care of me properly at the time, and I must admit, I've had a great life.

It is so surreal from the point of an adoptee. In the course of one phone call, your life is completely different. Surreal is the only word for it.

I finally also found out something I've alway wanted to know, my ethnic background. I'm Cherokee Indian, Irish, Scottish, British, and a little German.

I sent her my myspace and she said that I looked like J's side of the family in my face, and that I had her nose, and high cheekbones!

We are planning on meeting a week from this Monday. I will talk to her more in the meantime, and I will keep everyone updated as to how it goes! :)

Oh one more thing, I get my musical talent from J as well. She said that she initially fell in love with his music. He used to travel around the country in the summer to go play his music.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow , This is great news. Im really happy for you! I know you've been dieing to find your birth mother forever. I hope you can develop a good relationship with her. It will take time but that would be so cool. Good for you !!

Your friend,
David

Unknown said...

congratulations sweetheart. I'm extremely happy for you. forgive me for not typing much, as it is pretty hard typing one handed. trying to fight the pain from my shoulder surgery as long as possible in order to send my condolences. best of luck hun.

Jerod

Darlene said...

so very happy for you good luck to you all and god bless you..
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Reading that made me cry. I so know how you feel. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me that way. My biological mother won't acknowledge me, I don't think she cares about me or thought of me at all. I am so thankful that I found my biological family and wish I could be closer with them [even my cousins:)]. I did find my sister through this and that has been the best thing that has happened to me. I have another sister and two brothers that I don't know but would really like to. I hope it continues to be a positive experience for you. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm so very happy for you. I know this is something that most adopted kids want and need. I hope the very best for you.

Anonymous said...

my name is katie.
reading your bolg is one of the most happiest and sad blogs i have ever read.i hope you keep in touch with you birth mother! i wish the bestof luck to you on talking to your birth dad.

♥Katie
ps. daneille is a cute name! :).

Anonymous said...

my name is katie.
reading your bolg is one of the most happiest and sad blogs i have ever read.i hope you keep in touch with you birth mother! i wish the bestof luck to you on talking to your birth dad.

♥Katie
ps. daneille is a cute name! :).

The Stiltwalker said...

Just ran across your blog from adoptionforums...luckily just yesterday I spoke with my birth family for the first time. I'm 29 and had been searching for 2 years.

It was the oddest, greatest thing. I'm sure you know what I mean! I hope your story continues and relationship develops for all the good!

Lillyanya said...

Thanks for all the support! I really appreciate it! Thanks for all the comments as well, it's great to know that others are going through the same thing I am!!