Total Pageviews

Friday, June 13, 2008

One E-mail and Twelve Hours Can Change Your Life

Welcome back,

We're going to skip ahead to 2008.

June 10, 2008 -

I decided I needed to update my profile information on G's registry. www.gsadoptionregistry.com
I needed to change my e-mail in case a search angel wanted to get in touch with me. I went ahead and sent in my e-mail and they sent one back having me approve all of my information.

Not too long after that I got an e-mail from a search angel. It had the exact information for this one woman that they always sent. No phone numbers were in working order, and it was never her. The search angel asked me to let her know if I found her. I sent back a reply saying that I hadn't, and I went on about my normal daily things.

June 11, 2008 -

I checked my e-mail and the search angel had sent me a letter saying that there was bad weather in her area and when it calmed down she would go ahead and send me something. I didn't want to get my hopes up so I just kept saying yeah right... No way..... Let it go.

June 11-12, 2008 (middle of the night) -

Normal night, just like any other, I couldn't sleep. I had gone to all my normal sites and I decided to check my e-mail. It was around 1am on the 12th. I opened up my e-mail and found another letter from my search angel. She had found the marriage license for J and S (birth mother's name for now.) My heart started to race. The marriage license had an address on it. She did a search of the address, and found my birth grandparents were living there at the time of marriage. She figured that this was the best way to find S. There were so many phone numbers. I decided to wait until the next day to start the lengthy process of dialing numbers as it was in the middle of the night.

June 12, 2008 (afternoon) -

I opened up my e-mail and looked at the list. There were quite a few numbers on there, and quite a few names. I decided to try the number on the very top. Wrong number. For some reason, in my gut, I felt that the tiny number near the middle had to be it. I picked up my phone, and my heart started to race. I dialed the number. There was a voice at the other end.

"Hello," He said
"Hello, is H (name for my birth grandfather for now) there?"
"Yes this is him,"
"H G?"
"Yes."
"I know this is an odd question, but do you have a daughter named S?"
"Yes I do," He said.

Oh my how my heart began to race right there. I started shaking, and I was trying to hold back tears. You can't understand me talking when I'm crying. On to the next question!

"Was she married to a man named J in 1980?"
"Yes she was, who is this?" H asked.
"Well, this may come as a complete shock and surprise, and I'm very sorry, but I think you are my biological grandfather."

Complete silence for a minute.

"My name is Lilly"

I'm going to go by the name of Lilly for now.

"I was put up for adoption by S and J in 1983."

At this time, H put his wife M on the phone.

She asked for my name and my phone number and when I was adopted. She said that she knew why I was calling and to calm down. She would call S and give her my number, but she said S was at work and not to expect anything until the evening. I told her thank you... Thank you and I was crying. She told me to calm down it would be okay and to have a nice day.

Wow..... talk about freaking out! I had found her!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

hi my name is Darlene and i am very happy for you and wish you luck. i myself just went through the same thing as you did..i would very much like to share my story with you if you are interested let me know by getting in touch with me on my yahoo.com address..it is Darlene_townsend1968@yahoo.com, cant wait to hear from you